Hilton Head Family Law Attorney
Guiding You Through the Most Sensitive Legal Matters
Family law matters tend to hit close to home for many and are among the most sensitive legal issues most will ever face.
Whether you are getting divorced or fighting for visitation rights of your children, the family law attorneys at Horton & Associates, LLC in Hilton Head, SC, can guide you through the process and fight to secure the best possible results.
Reach out to our law firm in Hilton Head Island today at (843) 420-1344 to schedule an initial consultation with one of our family attorneys to learn more about what we can do to assist you during this difficult time.
Family Law Matters Our Team Handles
Family law is a vast area of practice and our legal team is experienced in handling many of them.
Here is a list of family law cases our Hilton Head Island lawyers can assist you with:
- Divorce: Our SC divorce lawyers can guide you through the process of dissolving your marriage.
- Child custody: If you are seeking child custody of your children, our Hilton Head Island child custody attorney can advocate on your behalf for a fair resolution that serves the best interests of your children.
- Visitation: If you are not granted primary custody of your children, you will likely be awarded visitation rights. Our legal team will help you obtain the most favorable results.
- Alimony: Alimony is typically designed to help a spouse maintain the standard of living the couple had during the marriage and often ends once the supported spouse becomes financially independent.
- Child support: The noncustodial parent will usually be ordered to pay child support.
- Orders of protection: If you were abused or threatened with abuse, our Hilton Head Island family law lawyers can assist you in obtaining an order of protection.
Is SC a No Fault Divorce State?
South Carolina identifies no-fault and fault-based grounds for divorce. For a no-fault divorce in SC, both parties must have lived separately without cohabitation (not just in another room) for over one year.
We understand how important the outcomes of such cases are, which is why we are committed to providing compassionate and knowledgeable legal support.
Talk to an Experienced Legal Professional About Your Family Law Case Today!
If you are faced with a family law dispute, the skilled legal team at Horton & Associates, LLC in Hilton Head can assist you with your case and help you achieve the best possible results. Our family law attorneys in Hilton Head Island are dedicated to providing personalized attention and will work with you to thoroughly understand your unique goals, so you can move forward into a new and better chapter in your life.
Reach Out to Our Family Law Firm in Hilton Head Island Today at (843) 420-1344to Set Up a Consultation With One of Our Family Law Attorneys to Get Started on Your Case and Learn More About the Services Our Lawyers in South Carolina Offer.
"I was extremely happy with the way everything was handled and the solution they reached."
Overall, my favorite thing about that firm is how confident they were able to make me feel.- Frankie W.